Step-by-step COVID-19 protocol for receiving patients in a small-animal veterinary hospital by J. Scott Weese,DVM, DVSc, DACVIM
- American Academy of Veterinary State Boards
The American Academy of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) association whose membership is comprised of 57 veterinary licensing boards including the United States, 4 Canadian provinces, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. AAVSB is committed to serving the veterinary regulatory agencies, our Member Boards, by providing quality, relevant programs and services that these Boards can rely on to carry out their statutory responsibilities in the interest of public protection. The CVMA is an approved provider of continuing education through AAVSB’s Registry of Approved Continuing Education, or RACE. RACE is a national clearinghouse for the approval of continuing education providers and their programs.
- American Animal Hospital Association
The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) is an association of members who primarily treat companion animals, or pets. We have over 34,000 members who hold different jobs in a veterinary clinic, including veterinarians, technicians, managers, receptionists and more.
- American Heartworm Society
The American Heartworm Society was founded during The Heartworm Symposium of 1974. The AHS aims to further scientific progress in the study of heartworm disease, inform the membership of new developments, and encourage and help promote effective procedures for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of heartworm disease.
- American Pets Alive! Helps communities save more lives faster. We champion and abide by the Austin No Kill Model, which is comprised of the data-driven protocols, programs, and tools developed in the largest No Kill city in the nation.
- The first of its kind, designed specifically to help veterinary professionals recognize and address emotional distress, the training includes real-life scenarios, talking points, myth-busting and other resources to help guide veterinary professionals in navigating these situations.
- American Veterinary Medical Association The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), established in 1863, is a not-for-profit association representing more than 72,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. Structured to work for its members, the AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
- AVMA PLIT
The AVMA PLIT commenced in 1962 and at the end of its first year, offered professional liability protection to 2,350 AVMA members. Today, products include: business property/liability, workers’ compensation, commercial auto, employment practices liability, as well as coverage for mobile practices, emergency clinics, and the state and specialty veterinary associations.AVMA PLIT Mission Statement: “To provide a valuable AVMA member service that protects the assets and reputations of the participants and enhances the image of the profession”
- American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior
The American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB) is a group of veterinarians and research professionals who share an interest in understanding behavior in animals.
- Animal Welfare Act
- CATalyst Council
The CATalyst Purpose addresses our desire to change society’s image of cats as aloof and not needing human contact or care. Our Vision is to raise the level of care and welfare of cats by cat owners – supported by the highest quality veterinary care, preventative medicine, and cat specific products.
- Disaster Loan Application
Applying for disaster recovery assistance from the U.S. Small Business Administration just got easier thanks to revisions made to its electronic loan application, significantly reducing the number of screens an applicant must read while filling out the form.“Our goal is to provide support for those rebuilding after a disaster, and we wanted to make the process more user-friendly,” said SBA Administrator Karen G. Mills. “Whether it’s a hurricane, tornado, earthquake or devastating flood, the SBA can step in to help communities get back on their feet by providing access to both home and business recovery disaster loans. To make the loan application process more streamlined and simplified, we have taken a different approach with the online applications. This improvement will make those first steps toward recovery more convenient.”
- Accounting Firm Chicago | Dugan & Lopatka is one of the top thirty largest accounting firms in the Chicago area. Located in the western suburbs, but serving all of Chicagoland.
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Humane Care for Animals Act
- Illinois Professionals Health Program The mission of the Illinois Professionals Health Program is to support and guide Illinois healthcare professionals to wellness and healing, thereby promoting safe professional practice and enriching the lives of healers and their patients.
- Illinois State Veterinary Medical Association
The Illinois State Veterinary Medical Association (ISVMA) predicts, monitors and confronts issues that affect the licenses of Illinois veterinarians. More than 1800 ISVMA member veterinarians depend upon the representation and services provided by the ISVMA. Their participation ensures the continued strength of the veterinary profession in Illinois.
- NAMI-Chicago – 312-563-0445 National Alliance on Mental Illness
- NAMI envisions a world where all people affected by mental illness live healthy, fulfilling lives supported by a community that cares.
- National Animal Care & Control Association | Welcome to NACA’s Online Community! With new apparel and accessories regularly added the NACA Store has everything you need to stay comfortable and show your dedication to National Animal Care & Control.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 800-273-8255 or Text HELLO to 741-741
- Dr. Heidi Pulito authored a book that was published in 2017:
“Victory Unleashed: A Veterinarian’s Tale of Thriving in a Profession Marked with Depression”
- OIE – World Organisation for Animal Health OIE-World Organisation for Animal Health
- One Health : Below are additional resources
- American Medical Association (AMA)American Association of Industry Veterinarians (AAIVET)
American Association of Public Health Veterinarians (AAPHV)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Center for Public and Corporate Veterinary Medicine (VA-MD CVM)
Global Alliance for Rabies Control
Health for Animals and Livelihood Improvement (HALI) Project
Healthy People 2020
International Society for Disease Surveillance (ISDS)
International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID)
National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians (NASPHV)
National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
One Health Commission
One Health Initiative
One Health Institute (UC Davis)
One Health Portal (Univ Wisconsin – Madison)
Paul G. Allen School for Global Animal Health (WSU)
Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
World Organization for Animal Health (OIE)
World Veterinary Association (WVA)
- American Medical Association (AMA)American Association of Industry Veterinarians (AAIVET)
- Partners for Healthy Pets
- Pet Microchip Lookup
For more info on how to use this tool, go to: FAQs
- Pet Loss Helpline Brochures & Sympathy Cards
Brochures: $15.00 for 50 and $25.00 for 100. Call the CVMA Office at (630) 325-1231 to place an order. Packets of 10 sympathy cards, including helpline brochures and grief articles, are available for a charge of $60. These are available to veterinarians in recognition of client grief support. Support both your clients and your Helpline for a very reasonable donation. Call the CVMA Office at (630) 325-1231 to place your order.
- Pet Peace of Mind educates hospice, home health, hospital and palliative care organizations about the importance of pets in the lives of their patients and helps them support those pets in practical ways. Our program provides a turnkey approach to help them establish a local program to train volunteers to help patients with their pet care needs.
- The Principal Financial Group is a global financial investment management and insurance company.
- Purdue Veterinary Price Index
- Nationwide® | Purdue Veterinary Price Index: Executive Summary
- Nationwide® | Purdue Veterinary Price Index: Explanation of Methodology
- The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement members collaborate to rescue, shelter, rehabilitate and find good homes for animals. Members of The Association benefit from targeted education and professional certification.
- University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine
One of only twenty-eight veterinary schools in the United States, Illinois has earned a reputation for excellence. Not only does the College graduate superbly educated veterinarians, but it is fertile ground for innovative research, comprehensive animal health care, and diagnostic services.
- Veterinary Practice Act
- From the U.S. State Department
- U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Veterinary Medical Association Executives
- Vet Partners / AAHA Economic Bulletin Abstracts: Do you have questions about animal health, medications, therapies, surgery, behavior, or safety? Did your veterinarian suggest you visit this site to learn more about a health issue concerning your pet? VeterinaryPartner.com is here to support your veterinarian and you in the care of your companion animals by providing reliable, up-to-date animal health information from the veterinarians and experts of the Veterinary Information Network (VIN), the world’s first and largest online veterinary database and community.
- WHO works worldwide to promote health, keep the world safe, and serve the vulnerable.
- The WSAVA is a global community of more than 200,000 veterinarians worldwide.